This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 72973
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8-5
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342318-Executive Recruitment
About Columbus Regional
Columbus Regional Healthcare System was founded in 1935 when local physician Dr. Warren Edwin Miller started a 12-bed hospital in a Victorian home in Whiteville. A year later, the home’s porches were enclosed to accommodate more patients. Over the next 70 years, the hospital would be replaced twice. The current facility was dedicated December 11, 1977, and continues to grow and expand to meet the needs of the community.
Today, CRHS boasts an impressive and highly trained medical staff and other healthcare professionals who represent a range of specialties and are dedicated to the well-being of every patient in their care. Licensed for 154 beds, Columbus Regional Healthcare System is a not-for-profit organization.
If you are not familiar with Whiteville, NC it is located in the Southeast corner of NC just 11 miles from the 2nd largest natural lake on the East Coast, beautiful Lake Waccamaw. Perfect for boating, fishing, kayaking or simply gazing at the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Whiteville, NC is a short 45 minutes from both the bustling university and retiree town of Wilmington, NC and popular tourist attraction of N. Myrtle Beach, SC. Never a lack for anything to do on the weekends!
Columbus Regional is managed by Atrium Health, out of Charlotte, NC.
Develops department goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies, and procedures; organizes the department in accordance with administrative guidelines in order to provide specified nursing services to meet the legal, organizational and medical staff guidelines; functions in an advisory capacity to administration in evaluating proposed procedural changes as they relate to patient care; directs the implementation and ensures compliance with Standards of Nursing Practice that promotes optimum health care delivery.
1. Plans, organizes, directs and controls all functions of Nursing Services in alliance with the organization’s mission, vision and values
2. Develops short-term and long-term goals and objectives in consultation with administration and consistent with the mission and strategic objectives.
3. Defines the overall philosophy and objectives of Nursing Services in accordance with those of the hospital and interprets it to staff.
4. Defines and maintains the quality Standards of Nursing Practice within the hospital.
5. Assesses the quality of care rendered by the Nursing Services Department and ensures sound nursing practice.
6. Encourages by use of evidence-based practice nursing research and oversees implementation of improved methods of patient care.
7. Monitors and adheres to all licensing and accreditation regulations.
8. Develops and controls operational and capital budgets for all reporting departments.
9. Develops and maintains clinical and administrative records and reports as required.
10. Establishes staffing requirements and policies for recruitment, selection, and placement of qualified personnel.
11. Verifies nurses’ credentials and maintains a system which indicated qualifications, experience, and accomplishments of each member of the Nursing Services Department.
12. Establishes and maintains job specifications and descriptions for Nursing Services personnel.
13. Promotes and maintains harmonious and effective relationships and communications within the Department of Nursing Services and between Nursing Services and other departments.
14. Establishes standards for the evaluation of personnel performance.
15. Maintains and directs a staff education program for orientation, continuing education and skill training programs for personnel.
16. Plans, develops, implements, and controls the annual budget for the Nursing Services Department.
17. Participates in hospital planning, decision-making and policy formulation.
18. Ensures effective communication of nursing plan and needs to include board, executive team, leaders and staff.
19. Collaborates with the medical Director regarding clinical aspects of patient care.
20. Collaborates will all physicians to assure effective and efficient quality patient care.
21. Represents Nursing Services on various hospital and medical staff committees.
22. Coordinates clinical affiliations with School of Nursing.
23. Provides guidance and counsel to administrative nurses and staff members within the Nursing Services Department.
24. Provides adequate communication mechanisms within the Nursing Services Department and conducts regular conferences with Nurse Managers and supervisory personnel.
25. Investigates irregularities and policy violations and takes corrective action.
26. Promotes and encourages professional growth and development of all Nursing Services personnel through attendance at workshops, seminars, conferences and may arrange for key personnel to do so.
27. Reviews patient census and acuity reports and makes nursing unit rounds on a regular basis.
28. Analyzes and evaluates nursing and related services to improve the quality of patient care and plan better utilization of staff time.
29. Investigates new nursing techniques, practices, equipment and products.
30. Reviews all clinical areas on a regular basis and initiates corrective action and follow-up, as needed.
31. Participates on hospital committees and serves as a consultant to other departments as requested.
32. Participates in hospital projects and public relation programs as requested.
33. Supports organizational and professional development by overseeing education and orientation programs.
34. Supports a participative culture by developing and mentoring shared governance activities.
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS AND TRAINING: