Occupational Therapist l - Bedside - Atrium Health Cabarrus Rehab
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 69309
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays with weekend and holiday requirements
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11141004837707-Physical Therapy
Evaluates, plans, directs and administers programs of Occupational Therapy in an inpatient acute level setting, upon referral by the physician. Plans and conducts OT programs to restore function, prevent disability, and help patients reach their maximum level of independence. Supervises Occupational Therapy Assistants, Rehab Technicians, volunteers and students.
- Provides direct therapy services to patients admitted to a level of care where service provision is required 7 days a week, including holidays (acute care, rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility).
- Evaluates patients, selects and administers assessment techniques, synthesizes information to establish appropriate patient care plan to include necessary modalities, procedures, exercise programs, therapeutic groups and patient education as warranted by a holistic view of the patient's diagnosis, condition, age, and contextual needs of discharge disposition.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation.
- Communicates patient's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff and coordinates patient's schedule, treatment programs, regarding discharge planning and recommends solutions to patient care problems.
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress notes, daily treatment notes, attendance records, patient/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and charges.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy required. NC license for OT required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.