Pharmacy Technician I - Full Time - 1st Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 72474
Job Family: Pharmacy Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 7a to 3:30p most weekdays and variable shift (during 7a to 7p) two weekends per month.
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112539605-Pharmacy
Under the direct supervision of a registered Pharmacist at all times, to assist Pharmacists in providing efficient, quality, Pharmaceutical care by:
- Assisting Pharmacists in the preparation and distribution of all medications and pharmaceutical supplies, maintaining the medication inventory, and maintaining records for all age categories including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- Assisting in the procurement of pharmaceutical supplies and medications.
- Preparing IV solutions for all age categories as required.
- Performing related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent. College courses desirable, but not required.
- Proficiency in typing
- Working knowledge of mathematical calculations.
- Experience in Pharmacy is preferred, but not required.
- Active pharmacy technician registration and licensure with the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy required.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification through the PTCB or NHA preferred and is required within one year of employment.
- Interpersonal requirements
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Has a commitment to customer service, including coworker commitment.
- Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all health-system and pharmacy staff.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule.