Social Worker LCSW - Levine Cancer Institute - Charlotte - Oncology - FT
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 71666
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8-5, M-F
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011036643814-Clinical Social Work - LCI
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Candidates are eligible for a bonus of $5000. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Provides comprehensive psychosocial services, assessment, diagnosis, evidence based treatment, case management and triage for patients, families, and caregivers in an ambulatory outpatient setting.
- Provides biopsychosocial assessments, clinical behavioral health diagnoses, treatment planning, evidence based clinical interventions, information and referrals to community.
- Interviews patient/patient’s social support system to complete initial psychosocial evaluation and/or completes psychosocial assessment for the patient.
- Provides brief psychotherapy, supportive counseling, and education to patient/patient’s social support system. Assists in coping with stress related to hospitalization, disability, chronic/terminal illness.
- Identifies, plans, and coordinate aspects of care for the patient/family.
- Develops, monitors and revises a plan of care based on assessment of patient/family needs, in collaboration with multidisciplinary team.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient/family education.
- Advocates for the patient and family throughout care continuum.
- Maintains availability to the patient/family as a resource to facilitate communication among providers and to monitor services rendered.
- Provides clinical supervision to provisionally licensed social worker and/or mentors new social workers in the department.
- Serves as a resource to team members and physicians regarding emotional, social and psychosocial components of the patient’s illness and its effects on their social support system.
- Intervenes in crisis situations, appropriately and effectively applying crisis intervention theory and skills.
- Participates in the initiation, development, and maintenance of clinical pathways/protocols and other population-based programs, facilitating collaboration of multidisciplinary teams in the process.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effect of social work involvement on quality outcomes, fiscal parameters, customer satisfaction, and system operations and implements strategies to resolve the system, performance, and patient variances.
- Refers patients/family to external agencies/resources for treatment when appropriate.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation.
- Documents accurately, timely and according to departmental policy.
- Participates, as appropriate, in clinical research and may provide local, national, and/or international presentations within specified field.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, team members, family, visitors, etc. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and normal language/cognitive skills. Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretchers. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Sometimes requires climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Works is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's Degree in Social Work from a CSWE approved graduate school required. 1 year experience within current department or 2 years healthcare experience required for external candidates. License in Clinical Social Work in state of NC and/or SC required; additional Certification preferred. Proof of membership in a professional organization required. Must have the ability to mentor/supervise new social workers as needed by department.