Pharmacy Technician I-Atrium Health Kings Mountain Pharmacy PT
Kings Mountain, NC, United States
Job ID: 71539
Job Family: Pharmacy Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Variable scheduled day, but open hours from 07:00AM to 05:00PM with rotating weekends
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11101005239605-Pharmacy
PT 32 hours. Variable days, every 3rd weekend minimum, 7AM to 5PM
Assists the registered pharmacists in performing technical duties related to the distribution of drugs to patients. Monitors medication inventory levels and places orders to restock as necessary.
Physical Requirements Works primarily in the pharmacy and within nursing units. The majority of time is standing. May include exposure to cytotoxic agents. Requires pushing carts and lifting delivery boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Fills drug orders for all age groups from neonates to geriatrics under the direct supervision of the pharmacist.
- Delivers medications and Transports medication carts to nursing stations.
- Answers and screens telephone calls and refers calls to a pharmacist when appropriate.
- Processes charges and credits for medications.
- Fills unit dose patient cassettes and refills Pyxis medstations.
- Documents and delivers controlled substances.
- Compounds and repackages medications under the direction of a pharmacist.
- Monitors medication inventory levels and places orders to restock as necessary.
- Demonstrates proper aseptic technique in the preparation of Intravenous admixtures.
- Fills Pass med and discharge prescriptions under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Trains and orients new teammates to department workflow and procedures.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Pharmacy Technician Board Certificate is preferred. 6 months prior Pharmacy Technician experience preferred.