Coding Reimbursement Specialist I - Revenue Cycle - FT Days
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 71907
Job Family: Medical Records Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday-Friday, 0700-1530
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028341054-Corporate Charge Operations
Performs assignment of ICD and CPT codes in cases of low to intermediate complexity.
- Performs ICD and CPT coding of provider (professional) services and verifies that all requisite charge information is entered.
- Appends limited modifiers, e.g., -24, -25, -59.
- Codes minor surgical procedures.
- Assigns Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes.
- Performs reconciliation process to ensure all charges are captured.
- Processes automated or manually enters charges into applicable billing system.
- Researches, answers, and processes all edits associated with claim and coding submission.
- Processes charges on a timely basis and communicates with team members to be sure department guidelines regarding timeliness are met.
- Communicates with providers related to coding issues that are of low to intermediate complexity.
- Assigns E/M codes from provider documentation.
Works in a fast-paced office/hospital environment. Work consistently requires sitting and some walking, standing, stretching, and bending.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. CPC, CPC-A or equivalent coding credential required. Some coding, medical billing and/or clinical experience preferred. Maintains coding certification (CPC, CPC-A, CCS, RHIT, RHIA). Annually reviews new and revised CPT and ICD codes. Understanding of and familiarity with regulatory guidelines including NCDs and LCDs. Working knowledge of coding, medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.