Leasing Specialist - Commercial Real Estate
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 71616
Job Family: Facilities Management
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F 8 am - 5 pm
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51101028340501-Administration
Assists leadership with Real Estate Services lease administration activities for various CMHA owned legal entities and some regional managed entities. Ensures that all real property leases are compliant with all leasing and related administration. Understands and practices communicating important real estate leasing related information to departments and organizations within their responsibility.
- Executes and communicates real property leasing processes and procedures for the Facilities Management Group (FMG).
- Assists with providing reporting for all System leasing activities for managed locations and executes periodic audits to assure policy compliance.
- Works with teams among the System and FMG departments and maintains appropriate communication with respect to current and proposed projects and direct related implementation and monitoring of real estate leasing activities.
- Serves as an interface between CMHA-owned and select CHA-managed entities and the FMG functions that impact real estate operations.
- Supports FMG lease administration operations through knowledge of current medical real estate leasing regulatory requirements.
- Supports real estate transactions such as new leased property searches, terminations, property monetization activities, etc.
- Negotiates and coordinates assigned real estate leasing-related document approval and archiving.
- Coordinates with Office of General Counsel on all matters of real property leasing document preparation including, but not limited to, letters of intent, leases, lease amendments, subleases, assignments, ground leases, license agreements, estoppel certificates, SNDAs etc.
- Utilizes real estate leasing database system for reporting, transaction status monitoring, etc.
Performs work under normal office conditions which may include sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, using repetitive wrist/arm motions frequently, and lifting up to 15 lbs. Some travel may be required to other departments, facilities, or sites in personal vehicle.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Familiarity with Charlotte region real estate market and related third party leasing network required. 2 to 5 years experience in medical office, general office and/or commercial leasing required. Knowledge of commercial lease and related document structures required. Proven track record of strong lease negotiating skills required.