Activity Supervisor - Atrium Health Skilled Nursing- Cleveland Pines - Full Time
This job posting is no longer active.
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 71398
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mon-Friday with some evenings and weekends
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 43511047643620-Patient and Family Services
Supervises the Activity Department. Promotes the physical, mental and psychosocial individual needs and interest of residents. Promotes a level of professionalism, leads by example, and encourages a caring and helpful attitude to residents, visitors and teammates at all times.
- Prepares a monthly activity program designed to meet resident’s individual needs and interest, revises when appropriate, based on quarterly assessments.
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of State and Federal Regulations.
- Documents activities provided in compliance with regulatory agency requirements reflecting the resident’s level of participation and therapeutic benefit of the activity with regard to the age and level of cognitive functioning of the resident.
- Manages overall productivity of the Activity Department, motivates teammate to effectively execute and accomplish established goals.
- Develops the activity program with allocated budget, maintains receipts and supporting documents for monthly expense report.
- Reconciles monthly performance reports and other reports requested by leadership.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates teammates, conducts performance reviews, counsels and focuses on labor time management.
- Manages facility volunteer program, coordinates and implements orientation.
- Assists with planning and coordination of facility-wide special events.
- Assumes responsibility for transportation and outings.
Must speak English and be able to communicate effectively with residents, visitors and teammates. Must have good general vision and hearing, as well as excellent verbal skills and fine motor coordination (finger dexterity) for writing, activities and phone use. Must be able to tolerate prolonged sitting, extensive walking and standing, and occasional lifting. Work in direct resident care area. Work with residents who exhibit a wide variety of disabilities and/or functional levels. Requires lifting, bending pushing wheelchairs and geri-chairs, and handling equipment. Requires ability to move freely throughout facility. Requires full range of body motion including bending, stooping, and prolonged standing.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Degree or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred. Qualified Activity Professional with at least 2 years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years required; leadership experience preferred.