Computer Operator - Senior - 3rd Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 58447
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 1st week - Mon - 19:00-07:15; Tue - 19:00-01:00 - Wed/Thurs OFF; Fri-Sun - 19:00-07:15 daily; 2nd week - Mon- OFF; Wed 01:00-07:15; Wed/Thur 19:00-07:15; Fri-Sun 19:00-07:15. 2 week timeframe repeats.
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342567-IAS Data Center Operations
Monitors and controls one or more mini or mainframe computers by operating the central console or on-line terminals. Studies program operating instruction sheets to determine equipment setup and run operations. Manipulates controls in accordance with standard procedures to rearrange sequence of job steps to continue operation when individual units of the system malfunction.
- Checks individuals entering the data center equipment area ensuring that they sign in and have approved access. Responsible for internal security of the data center and for monitoring the data center fire prevention systems.
- Monitors and controls a computer by operating a central console and its peripheral equipment attached to various hardware platforms under supervision.
- Reviews and evaluates computer run results and use of computer time, through examination of computer logs and other job outputs.
- Stays abreast of current applications and techniques that are being applied to current operating systems.
- Initiates proper action to resolve application program aborts and other errors, including contacting on-call personnel.
- Assists in resolving computer center operating problems and makes recommendations to correct such problems.
- Reviews operating instructions for clarity and completeness and insures compliance with the same.
- Recommends and implements solutions, understanding the ramifications for problems within Information Services.
- Defines protocol for working with customers and appropriately balances needs and resources.
- Develops and implements process improvement initiatives within Information Services. Able to develop and execute a simple project on time and within budget.
Work environment is subject to visibility through verbal and written communications with shift lead, associated project deadlines and personnel evaluation. Must work in air-conditioned environment. This position does not have direct patient contact. Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or job related field required. A minimum of 3 years of Computer Operations experience with various Unix platforms.