Manager - Application Specialist
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 69234
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F 8 AM to 5PM
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342409-IAS Business Intelligence
Manages applications systems analysis and programming activities for a group or section. Establishes and implements new or revised applications systems and programs. Consults with personnel in other information systems sections to coordinate activities.
- Prepares activity and progress reports regarding the activities of the applications systems and programming section.
- Assists in projecting software and hardware requirements. Assigns personnel to various projects and directs their activities, reviews and evaluates their work, and prepares performance reports.
- Focuses on packaged systems for solutions to business unit resolutions. Develops work plans accurately estimating tasks, setting budgets, completing through ETC's.
- Leads multiple projects in all aspects of information systems lifecycle (information planning, business requirements definition, implementation, productions support).
- Manages review meetings with user committee(s) to assist in establishing Project priorities. Guarantees efficient and effective completion of project assignments in accordance with standard procedures. Manages training when applicable.
- Provides accurate and timely recording of time against tasks assigned. Assures subordinates time is accurate and recorded properly.
Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. This position is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field preferred. Must have formal training in Information Systems Technology, Desktop applications, Software Development packages, programming languages, SQR, Crystal, Unix AIX. Candidates with primarily an educational background should have information systems employment experience of 4 years with the information systems technology mentioned above is preferred. Must be a service-oriented, team player. Must have experience in Health Care Industry minimum 2 years. Communicates proactively, cooperatively and constructively.