Business Intelligence - Intermediate
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 66555
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mon - Fri 8AM - 5PM with with occassional on call
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342419-IAS Data Warehouse
Analyzes and synthesizes complex information in support of System strategic, operational and quality projects. Collaborates with facility executives, service line leaders and operational managers and translates business needs into analytic and reporting strategies through the development, execution and resourcing of routine and project specific plans for analytics delivery.
- Assists in the direction and execution of multiple, concurrent projects with regular supervision from leadership.
- Contributes in the evaluation of requests for service to understand business and technical open issues to be clarified with client.
- Collaborates with clients to understand the business needs, project scope, and anticipated deliverable date associated with the request for service.
- Leads on-going interface with clients to develop analytic approaches to requests.
- Translates defined business needs to a set of meaningful metrics and analytics.
- Provides value added analysis and recommended follow up actions in support of the business needs.
- Assists in the preparation of major deliverables for client review and discussion.
- Educates clients in clinical and financial operational concepts and their relationship to data.
- Guides clients through known and potential data issues, taking into consideration all data collection inconsistencies and inaccuracies in the source system.
- Identifies, defines, and documents business requirements including information, cleansing, transformation, retention, summarization, and SLA requirements. Analyzes these requirements together with the data architect to determine data warehouse subject areas and data needs. Participates in database design sessions to ensure the data model meets the business requirements and supports the technical needs of the analytical applications.
- Designs, builds, and configures analytical applications and data access tools to meet business requirements. Establishes data classifications, data definitions, and data relationships and ensures this information is populated into the metadata repository.
- Analyzes business requirements and source system data structures to develop detailed source to target data mappings and data transformation rules. Develops data extract requirements for source system teams. Performs an in-depth analysis of source system data to ensure data adheres to identified business rules. Develops conceptual and detailed designs to extract, cleanse, transform, integrate, load, and summarize source data for the data warehouse (ETL processes). Confers with the data architect to ensure compatibility of design with data warehouse data model.
- Builds unit test, and integration tests systems interfaces, extract, transformation, load, and integration processes, and associated reports. Ensures that the programs adhere to the design specifications and that all tests are documented appropriately.
- On call rotation.
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, working with a computer, talking on the telephone and preparing reports and other statistical data. Some time is spent in meetings at a variety of facilities, making presentations and offering advice to System executives. Standing, walking, and traveling in personal care to other facilities required. Required carrying up to 25 pounds of materials.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred. 2 to 4 years experience in a healthcare or business analytics setting. Prior experience with Business Intelligence tools required. Ability to understand increasingly complex elements of the Data Models relevant to assigned projects and to identify data integrity issues through routine review of data required. Must be able to work rapidly and accurately under pressure to work in a safe and effective manner and to handle different issues and priorities simultaneously.