Business Intelligence - Intermediate
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 66555
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mon - Fri 8AM - 5PM with with occassional on call
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342419-IAS Data Warehouse
Analyzes and synthesizes complex information in support of System strategic, operational and quality projects. Collaborates with facility executives, service line leaders and operational managers and translates business needs into analytic and reporting strategies through the development, execution and resourcing of routine and project specific plans for analytics delivery.
- Assists in the direction and execution of multiple, concurrent projects with regular supervision from leadership.
- Contributes in the evaluation of requests for service to understand business and technical open issues to be clarified with client.
- Collaborates with clients to understand the business needs, project scope, and anticipated deliverable date associated with the request for service.
- Leads on-going interface with clients to develop analytic approaches to requests.
- Translates defined business needs to a set of meaningful metrics and analytics.
- Provides value added analysis and recommended follow up actions in support of the business needs.
- Assists in the preparation of major deliverables for client review and discussion.
- Educates clients in clinical and financial operational concepts and their relationship to data.
- Guides clients through known and potential data issues, taking into consideration all data collection inconsistencies and inaccuracies in the source system.
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, working with a computer, talking on the telephone and preparing reports and other statistical data. Some time is spent in meetings at a variety of facilities, making presentations and offering advice to System executives. Standing, walking, and traveling in personal care to other facilities required. Required carrying up to 25 pounds of materials.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred. 2 to 4 years experience in a healthcare or business analytics setting. Prior experience with Business Intelligence tools required. Ability to understand increasingly complex elements of the Data Models relevant to assigned projects and to identify data integrity issues through routine review of data required. Must be able to work rapidly and accurately under pressure to work in a safe and effective manner and to handle different issues and priorities simultaneously.