Manager - Ambulatory - Atrium Health - Fort Mill - Family Medicine - FT
Fort Mill, SC, United States
Job ID: 69871
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 30341030333173-Family Medicine
Leader for an entire department of clerical team members. Oversees assigned team members and patient flow, and leads the department in functions related to scheduling appointments, care coordination and authorization management, registration, check in/out and revenue cycle functions. Functions as a department head and will have fiduciary responsibility for the cost center and provides team member leadership oversight.
- Develops staffing plans to maximize use of resources.
- Develops team members to maximize productivity and quality of service.
- Develops and meets budget requirements for the department.
- Interviews and selects team members for the department.
- Trains and assists new team members in the onboarding process for the department.
- Coaches and counsels team members on their performance and takes appropriate action where needed.
- Oversees all performance metrics for the department to include productivity, quality, and budget standards.
- Conducts or delegates auditing responsibility for compliance with policies and standard work for their department to ensure metrics are met and processes are appropriately followed.
Work consistently requires long periods of sitting, computer and phone use. Work requires some walking, standing, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Must have intact senses of sight, hearing and touch. Must be able to speak and articulate clearly. Works in a fast paced environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred. Customer service and Practice Operations, Call Center or Ambulatory Revenue Cycle experience required. 5 years in a medical office setting preferred.