Dosimetrist - Levine Cancer Institute - Radiation Therapy - Albemarle - FT
Albemarle, NC, United States
Job ID: 69859
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays in accordance with clinic schedule
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11131007432962-Radiation Therapy
Provides dosimetry services related to the planning and delivery of therapeutic radiation treatment in accordance with the radiation oncologist's prescription.
- Performs treatment planning dose distributions and calculations for external beams and brachytherapy, including 3-D planning, IMRT, seed implants and stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Oversees medical dosimetry practices and procedures.
- Consults with staff on implementation of the treatment plan.
- Performs calculations and provides technical support as required.
- Creates software files for localization and ensures implementation by staff.
- Participate in clinical research and continuing education.
Visual and motor skills required. Ability to lift minimum of 40 pounds. Travel to other locations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
HS Diploma or GED required. Board certified required or required within 1 year of employment. Min 2 years of medical dosimetry experience preferred.