Technical Assistant - Atrium Health LCH MRI - FT Evenings
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 66353
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 2P-1030P, M-F
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039283-MRI - LCH
Performs a variety of patient care duties and other professional activities as needed to facilitate patient care and treatment. Assists in monitoring the flow of patient activities throughout the department. Monitors patient wait time, completion of exams and responds to patient's needs.
- Explains procedures to patients.
- Prepares the patient for the exam, prior to the technologist's arrival in room, and retrieves medical equipment (cribs, stretchers, etc).
- Ensures patient safety in the absence of a radiological technologist.
- Assists the technologist in properly positioning the patient to reduce repeat rates and ensure quality of the exam.
- Assists the nurse in the transport of patients to and from the procedure area when needed.
- Performs clerical duties including logs, charges, open orders, answering phones, paging physicians, and giving directions as needed.
- Obtains medication, radiopharmaceuticals, or contrast material as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist, or registered nurse.
- Aids in room cleaning to include disposing of soiled linen, disinfecting equipment and other disposable items.
Able to lift and carry 40 pounds. This position requires walking, standing, bending and pushing.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 1 year of clerical skills required; Medical clerical skills preferred. Level II radiologic technology student is an excellent candidate.