Hematology Oncology - APP - Levine Cancer Institute Cleveland
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 60428
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mon-Fri, four tens
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 28011004932950-Oncology - LCI
Levine Cancer Institute, a part of Atrium Health, is currently seeking a qualified Advanced Practice Provider to join the outpatient oncology and hematology clinic in Shelby, NC.
This APP functions primarily in the outpatient setting caring for a mix of solid tumor oncology as well as hematology patients and demonstrates appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills when working in a fast paced, high acuity work environment. Qualified candidates will be able to perform thorough history and physical assessment.
- Perform medical history, physical exam
- Document findings and plan of care in a timely manner
- Write appropriate prescriptions
- Order and interpret laboratory and radiologic testing
- Determine treatment plans with the supervision of attending physician
- Act as patient advocate
- Attend, participate in and contribute to group/practice meetings, development of policies and procedures, quality improvement initiatives
- Four 10-hour shifts (Tuesday -Friday) or five 8-hour shifts per week; occasional hospital rounding
- Eligible for PTO and Performance Incentive bonuses
- $2500/40 hours/5 days of CME
- Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program. Current license to practice as a NP or PA in North Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS for healthcare provider from AHA required.
- Nurse practitioners are required to have a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing practice.
- Physician Assistants with certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred. Current or pending CAQ certification preferred.
- 1+ years of APP experience preferred; Hematology/Oncology experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills when working in a fast paced, high acuity work environment. Able to perform thorough history and physical assessment. Able to work with multidisciplinary team.
- NC Licensure