NHPG NURSE PRACTITIONER-Pediatric Clinic
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 70730
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Day Shift - 8:30 - 5
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12011053133177-Pediatric Clinic
Do you approve the below job description for this requisition?
Coordinates and facilitates administrative and clinical activities under the supervision of the Sponsoring Physician. Collaborates with other advance practice providers, nursing and ancillary staff and community agencies to provide continuity of care for patients. Ensures patient safety and confidentiality. Provides high quality nurse practitioner services to inpatients and/or outpatients in the Atrium Health Navicent Children's Care Downtown Macon. Abides by Atrium Health Navicent Core and Contributing Values.
Major Job Functions:
- Provides high quality clinical care to patients in hospital and/or office setting according to protocol.
- Completes all Medical Record documentation in a timely and complete manner. Demonstrates proficiency in documentation and billing processes. Understands and complies with federal and state coding policies.
- Maximizes timely collection of clinical revenue by submitting complete and accurate billing information within forty-eight (48) hours of the service being rendered.
- Pursues practice development through public relations and marketing to pursue practice growth.
- Actively participates in AHNMG activities as requested.
- Actively participates in the performance improvement processes of Atrium Health Navicent to meet regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Pursues personal and professional development to improve skills.
- Takes initiative, is flexible to change, follows through on commitments, takes personal responsibility and assumes ownership for successfully completing job responsibilities,
- Demonstrates awareness, practices and promotes patient safety
- Approaches problems using a methodical approach and analysis information to make well thought out decisions.
- Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with a Master Degree in Nursing.
- Certification/License/Registration: Must maintain a current RN and APRN license to practice in the State of Georgia.
- Special Training/Skills: Must demonstrate competence in their practice setting and must be able to perform with a high degree of accuracy to reduce errors in judgment related to care of patients. Must obtain required CEU's in care of patients in the care setting each renewal period. Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Must be able to work irregular schedules dependent upon needs of patients.