Instrument Technician - Certified, Atrium Health Pineville Weekends
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 69431
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Friday, Saturday, Sunday- 10a to 10p
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11071005430180-Sterile Distribution
Ensures surgical instruments and equipment are decontaminated, assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, stored, distributed, and tracked based on quality and infection prevention standards.
- Adheres to safety standards.
- Identifies, responds & reports malfunctions and/or alarms.
- Performs efficacy and quality testing for all processes and equipment.
- Identifies manual and/or mechanical cleaning according to the manufacturer’s IFU for all general, laparoscopic, orthopedic, neuro, cardiovascular, power, instrumentation.
- Performs flexible scope processing utilizing High Level Disinfection (HLD).
- Determines, prepares, and uses supplies required in the assembly process.
- Identifies, inspects, assembles general & specialty instruments checking for cleanliness & functionality utilizing count sheets.
- Packages and labels instrumentation following standards.
- Safely determines sterilization equipment functionality, operation, monitoring, and maintenance with verification and documentation of sterilization process.
- Performs high temperature (steam) and low temperature (gas plasma, ethylene oxide, liquid chemical) sterilization.
Works in-patient care areas independently under stressful conditions. Continuous standing and walking; bending and/or stooping; reaching and/or stretching; pushing and/or pulling heavy loads. Ability to lift to 40 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Certified Sterile Processing Technician (CSPDT) or Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) required.