Psychologist/Production - Atrium Health Concord - Psychiatric Services - FT Day
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 68701
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm with monthly call rotating on weeknights and weekends
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 26061026230362-Psychiatric Services
Shift: 8a-5p w/call requirements; 40hrs/wk.
This is a senior level position that provides behavioral health services to patients in a community mental health setting. The primary responsibilities consist of psychological assessment for diagnostic purposes and direct treatment by individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct assessments based on clinical interview, presenting information and clinical standards of program.
- Demonstrates ability to formulate an appropriate diagnosis using standards established in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
- Writes appropriate treatment plans according to patient diagnosis, age and clinical presentation.
- Collaborates with appropriate guardians to insure effective service delivery.
- Provides clinical supervision of Psychologist I, predoctoral interns and/or graduate practicum students in the practice of psychology.
- Conducts forensic evaluations and provides court testimony as an expert witness when directed.
- Selects, administers, and interprets psychological instruments, including a written report on psychological evaluation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of various treatment modalities and theoretical applications based on current clinical standards.
- Writes appropriate discharge plans based on individual needs of client and follows through with termination process.
- Manages clients in crisis utilizing appropriate skills and assessment.
Works in a patient care area with potentially combative or self-destructive patients. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. Work requires walking, standing, lifting, reaching, and handling of charts and supplies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology from, an APA approved training program required; license eligible or currently licensed as a Licensed Practicing Psychologist from the N.C. State Board of Examiners of Practicing Psychologists required. BLS HCP certification from AHA required.