Collects, evaluates, analyzes, and coordinates the review of statistical data for the Patient Care Division. Provides programming support for database programs and related software.
The Medical Education Technologists (MET) role is a professional, team-centered, and collaborative position responsible for providing expertise, training, and support to the Division of Medical Education including both the undergraduate and graduate medical education departments. The MET provides direct support in the creation of educational curriculum through different learning modalities and works in collaboration with the leaders, faculty, and staff of the division to develop these offerings. Provides training and support for technology platforms utilized by the various members of the medical education community. This position requires an individual to work with a high-level of independence, have strong project management, communication and collaboration skills, a willingness to provide superior customer service, and a passion for creating and supporting innovative educational solutions for leaders, faculty, students, residents, and fellows.
The MET will be responsible for coordinating and managing electronic and multi-media technology systems; designing and developing resources, digital course materials, and learning objects; managing instructional technology projects; and developing and delivering training to faculty, staff, and students in the use of technology solutions.
- Works with Division faculty and staff to create e-Learning products for use in our undergraduate and graduate medical education programs as well as the Center for Faculty Excellence based on sound instructional design principles.
- Serves as master user and local trainer of select e-learning tools and conducts workshops and short courses to train others in use of e-learning tools, including One45, MedHub, SharePoint, ERAS and VSAS.
- Works with UNC-CH medical school faculty and staff on projects to develop e-Learning products.
- Coordinates and acts as liaison with colleagues, supporting other educational e-products, such as web sites, social media, and Moodle to align and integrate contemporary learning theory and practice throughout our educational systems.
- Scans new and existing products and generates ideas that maximize our use of e-Learning products to support a more efficient and effective learning system for students, residents, team members and faculty.
- Provides general technical support to medical students, house staff, program coordinators, and directors to enhance e-learning and assists with the implementation of teaching and learning solutions
- Designs, develops, and facilitates the dissemination of training resources and materials to help improve student learning and student engagement, by serving as a master user of select e-learning tools, such as Canvas, Wake Track, E-Medley, MedHub, SharePoint, ERAS and VSLO.
- Plans, designs, develops, and facilitates professional development for faculty and staff in the use of instructional technology solutions that support best practices in teaching and learning
- Evaluates new and existing products and generates ideas that maximize our use of e-Learning products to support a more efficient and effective learning system for students, residents, team members and faculty.
- Works collaboratively with faculty to promote a campus culture that values and recognizes the importance of teaching excellence and active student learning by facilitating initiatives that foster collaboration, scholarship, and adoption of innovative and best practices.
- Develops and manages relationships with technology vendors to provide excellent service and support for faculty and students.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the enterprise to maximize potential for resource sharing, collaborative projects, and opportunities to create efficiencies as appropriate.
- Responsible for the coordination, quality management, and system administration of institutional and instructional technologies
- Manages project timelines and coordinates with other team members to meet project outcomes
- Plans, designs, develops, and facilitates video production and editing for educational initiatives, admissions, marketing, and other departments as necessary.
Works in a busy office environment. Frequent contact with various academic health professionals and students. Requires long periods of sitting, operating keyboard. Occasional lifting and walking on campus. Responsible to work in a safe manner. Occasional travel required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred. At least 5 years' experience in technology field required. Proficient in web-based design, including web-site development and maintenance.