Research Scientist - Levine Cancer Institute - Charlotte - Beat Childhood Cancer - FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 69558
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011036639033-Beat Child Cancer Consortium - LCI
Conducts research in clinical rehabilitation medicine and collaborates with faculty in ongoing and planned research.
The primary responsibilities of the Research Scientist-Beat Childhood Cancer will be to conduct research related to pediatric oncology in collaboration with physicians, to focus on neuroblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, central nervous system tumors, and other pediatric malignancies with the goal of bringing new therapies to children. The Research Scientist will perform clinical and translational research pursuing targeted new treatments for pediatric cancer. Novel therapeutics developed will lead directly to Phase I trials and translational collaboration with our clinics.
- Performs searches in databases, analyzes data, and prepares presentations.
- Provides instruction and mentors to residents, post doctoral fellows, students and research associates on the fundamentals of exercise physiology, evidence-based medicine, research principles, and methodologies.
- Develops and Performs research programs in clinical rehabilitation medicine including community integration and motor recovery after brain injury, in rehabilitation interventions and recovery processes among individuals with disability, and other research projects.
- Collaborates on projects on the basic and clinical and translational aspects of clinical rehabilitation medicine.
- Generates data quality check, data reports and analysis and writes progress reports.
- Writes manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Prepares abstracts and presents research findings at local and national meetings.
- Conceives, develops, writes, and submits grant funding.
- Participates in safety and quality assurance activities.
Involves long periods of sitting or standing and some walking. Occasional lifting of documents, supplies, equipment, solutions and chemicals required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
MD and/or Ph.D. with at least 3 years of relevant post-doctoral research in biochemistry, molecular biology, or cell biology. Published in respected journals with high report factors.