Retail Grill Cook - Atrium Health Cabarrus
This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 68900
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 5am to 6pm 8hr shifts
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11141004843401-Dietary Services
Accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, grill, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks meats and vegetables using skill in frying, grilling and sautéing.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe.
- Deep fries, grills and sautés meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing.
- Portions food on serving plates.
- May add gravies, sauces, and garnishes to servings.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Responsible for following food safety and physical safety policies at all times, while utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) when required by management.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 0 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
- Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the position.
- Focuses primarily on own area of specialty.
- Good working knowledge of food preparation.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment.
- Must be organized and a problem solver.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.