Unarmed Security Officer - Atrium Health CMC - Nights
This job posting is no longer active.
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 67838
Job Family: Protective Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Rotating weekends, 6p -6a Full Time
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005041814-Security
Sign On Bonus
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Experienced candidates with a minimum of 1 year of experience are eligible for a bonus of $1500 for Full Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Oversees a fixed post or patrols an assigned area to preserve peace and order, to protect persons and property, and to perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the team members, patients, visitors, and property of Atrium Health. Reports any unauthorized or suspicious persons, unsafe conditions or other irregularities.
- Enforces the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of Atrium Health.
- Provides assistance to team members, patients, and visitors.
- Documents observations, hazards, and incidents for follow-up corrective action.
- Assists with traffic and parking patrol.
- Takes immediate corrective action against hazards and conditions which may cause injury or damage.
- Reports any actions needed or taken to upper management.
- Assists with proactive loss prevention program.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Must possess a valid NC or SC driver’s license.
- Previous security, military, law enforcement experience or related field preferred.
- Must pass an Atrium mandated, psychological evaluation prior to and during employment. complete training from Atrium Health that includes but is not limited to:
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention/De-escalation, defensive tactics, baton and TASER within 90 days of hire.
- Must successfully complete Atrium Health minimum standards for unarmed security officers including background investigation, physical ability and psychological testing within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Unarmed Guard license as required by the NC Private Protective Services Board.
- Must obtain IAHSS Basic Certification within 1 year of hire.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly, in both oral and written form.
- May have to run, or exert intense physical effort in moving or restraining others.
- Must have close and intermediate visual acuity.
- Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others.
- Walks/stands for extended periods of time, both inside and outside in a fast-paced environment.
- May be exposed to unfavorable weather conditions.
- May be required to operate an Atrium Health Security vehicle.