Registered Nurse (RN) - Atrium Health Cabarrus- Trauma Program Coordinator- FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 68031
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Variable
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11141004836701-Trauma Service
- Functions as an integral member of the trauma team. Responsibilities include participating in daily patient rounds, collaborating with the Trauma Medical Director, the Trauma Services Program Director, and other Trauma Coordinators to ensure that trauma patients receive coordinated quality care from the pre-hospital phase through rehabilitation.
- Reviews and documents day-to-day patient care within the Trauma Performance Improvement (PI) database in accordance with American College of Surgeons: Committee on Trauma and NC Office of EMS guidelines, escalating as appropriate for additional level reviews.
- Collates daily PI to create trend reports, audit filters, and monthly follow-up reports.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in patient care and assists with action plans to mitigate and improve quality.
Supervises, develops, and coordinates the clinical, educational and outreach activities, for NC OEMS designated Level III Trauma Center.
- Collaborate, develop, and coordinate clinical, educational, and outreach activities according to NC OEMS Trauma Center standards and/or needs identified through performance initiatives.
- Collaborate and participate in NC OEMS Trauma Center site survey preparation.
- Coordinates the clinical care of injured patients.
- Develop, implement, and sustain clinical performance improvement projects.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, or arrange for the provision of appropriate care for an adolescent, adult, or geriatric population of patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status. Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements and ensures and documents that age specific needs are being met as described in the departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinates clinical care throughout the program utilizing pathways and developing tools to ensure high quality, cost effective continuity of care is provided to all patients.
- Collaborates with other clinical team members in assessing and supporting psychosocial needs of the patient/family.
- Supervises and coordinates the program interdisciplinary care conferences as applicable.
- Collaborates with entire clinical team to evaluate and implement appropriate educational materials.
Requires ability to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time. Reaching, stooping, bending in file drawers. Working in fast-paced clinical setting. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch and manual and finger dexterity. Must be able to be mobile within the entire healthcare system as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
BSN required. MSN preferred. NC RN license required. 2 years nursing experience required. Program management experience preferred. 5 years experience preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required. Depending on specialty area, a valid NC driver’s license and reliable transportation may be required.
Trauma Program Coordinator - preferred ACS and/or state designated Trauma Center experience.