Systems Engineer Specialist
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 53263
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8AM to 5PM
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342587-IAS Technology Services & Solutions
Formulates and defines specifications for complex operating systems. Modifies and maintains complex operating systems and supporting products using vendor releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Evaluates and recommends new hardware and software components to improve operation of Data Center.
- Establishes and monitors the technical performance, reliability, and efficiency of mainframe based hardware and software supporting all current and future operating systems and all computer applications of the System.
- Audits of infrastructure application servers for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures.
- Provides responsive support to the application development and operational activities of the Information Services department.
- Reports system performance, makes recommendations, and takes appropriate action to insure the best performance per utilization of computer resources.
- Develops and maintain testing mechanism to verify capabilities of incoming Software/Hardware releases to insure viability before go-live.
- Advises staff on proper data administration and program design to improve capabilities of existing programs and systems.
- Manages all aspects of projects including budget development, scope definition, time line preparation, resource estimation and management, and status reporting. Plans projects using standard System methods to develop manpower and cost estimates.
- Supports the System Engineers and IS Management from a technical perspective.
- Supports Technology applications such as load testing, software distribution, monitoring, and job scheduling packages.
This position is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to Administration. Work duties will require high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Must be available for call-back support on a regular basis. Work requires during conversions and/or training extensive evening and weekend hours. Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or job related field preferred. 8 years experience installing and supporting sophisticated information systems in a health care environment utilizing client/server technologies. Advanced knowledge of job related systems such as Unix, Linux, Window; proficient in script writing preferred. General knowledge of networks and TCP IP protocol. Formal training in a variety of information systems technology preferred.