Manager, Social Health Programs
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 66504
Job Family: Human Resources
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Normal hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm. Occasionally there might be work outside of normal business hours.
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 21071017240504-Administration - Operations
Manages and oversees Community Health’s social health programs aimed at addressing social and behavioral needs of patients to improve access and overall health outcomes. Manages and executes the development of the social health program operations including staff management, development of program goals and evaluation, budgets, and communications plans. Works in partnership across the enterprise in designing and implementing Atrium Health’s Acute Social Needs strategy that improves the social and economic factors that influence a person’s health. Engages both internal and external stakeholders to build the necessary relationships to create resources where none exist. Leads the Social Health Team including the development of patient education materials, program coordination and support to ensure successful implementation of the Find Help platform for our patients and providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead planning, development and evaluation of community health programs and activities designed to identify and address acute social needs.
- Design and implement innovative and effective strategies to increase awareness of social service programs that help to address health disparities and improve health outcomes. Promote innovative technology that enhances the delivery and management of public health programs and services.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to streamline acute social needs strategy across the enterprise in alignment with Social Impact Strategy 2025 Goals.
- Plan and oversee enterprise-wide Acute Social Needs subgroup and workstream projects.
- Identifies, contacts, and maintains relationships with community-based organizations and stakeholders in order to grow number of partners, services and resources in the Atrium Health Find Help platform.
- Executes strategy in the field by direct contact with community leaders, government officials, administrators, or executives to convince, influence, coalesce, and align with Atrium Health Social and Community Health goals.
- Collaborate with Population Health, Impact Evaluation & Grants Management and other Community Health teams to capture data, develop dashboards, and create reports that provide key insights about program outcomes and impact.
- Support Community Health Worker team with workflow process improvement, data storytelling and promotion of acute social needs programs and services.
- Ability to lead enterprise-wide strategic initiatives
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Ability to plan and oversee projects to ensure completion in a timely manner
- Understanding and experience in population health, value-based care, alternate payment models to drive health outcomes and reduce cost
- Self-directed with excellent time management and detail orientation
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced healthcare environment with tight deadlines.
- Adaptability based on changing needs of the organization
- Knowledgeable of acute social needs, social determinants of health, community health, evaluation, and health literacy principles
- Ability to engage clinical leaders and build relationships both within and outside of the health system to accomplish goals
- Ability to navigate Epic or another Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Ability to navigate social care networks and platforms
Light to moderate walking and standing, carrying small to medium sized boxes (no more than 5-10lbs) for occasional community events
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, or Healthcare Advocacy strongly recommended. MPH preferred.
- 2 or more years of professional related community health experience required.
- Experience in Acute Social Needs or related experience in healthcare, public health, health plan or non-profit work; health plan and/or alternate payment model experience preferred.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) certification preferred.