Laboratory Client Services Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 66917
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8 hrs w/in 7a-7p weekdays, with some weekends if needed
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039022-Laboratory - Support Services
Responsible for the overall management of the laboratory, including the planning, budgeting, supervision, and evaluation of all department programs and services. Assures that the section objectives are accomplished effectively, efficiently, and economically.
- Manages the daily efficient operation of assigned sections of the laboratory, good quality assurance practices, scheduling, equipment and record keeping, maintenance of adequate supply inventory.
- Maintains all Corporate Compliance and regulatory requirements (CAP, TJC, OSHA) to ensure continual readiness in the department assigned.
- Assists leadership with development of long-range operational plans relative to services, programs, capital and Human Resource planning to include recommending of space and other resources needed.
- Assists with development of annual operational and capital budgets, reconciling variances within a required timeframe.
- Directs activities in the department relative to Human Resources to include timely submission of performance evaluations. Maintains accurate and current database and files of all employees. Coordinates all new employee orientation.
- Performs technical processes and/or clinical testing to ensure laboratory operations and uptime of patient test systems where applicable.
Works in an area which contains biohazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. May be required to stoop, reach and lift light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree required. At least five years prior supervisory or managerial experience in a laboratory setting preferred. MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), HTL(ASCP) or CT(ASCP) required where technical or clinical testing is performed. Advanced education level is preferred