MSW Social Worker ED Mercy - Case Management - Mercy - PT Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 65015
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday-Friday 9a-3:30p
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11051016631712-Clinical Case Management
Atrium Health Mercy, a facility of Carolinas Medical Center, is one of two Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) locations and is 1.3 miles from CMC.
For more than 100 years, Atrium Health Mercy has treated patients with a special combination of human compassion and leading-edge expertise. Atrium Health Mercy is a full-service community hospital, specializing in the care of seniors and in complex foot and ankle surgery, hip and knee surgery, bariatric surgery and women’s pelvic health.
Provides education and support services to patients, families and staff. Also provides psychosocial assessment, counseling, crisis intervention and information/referral services on a consultation basis to patients and families. Works collaboratively with the Clinical Care Management team to effect positive patient and family outcomes and to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Interviews patient/patient's social support system to complete initiate psychosocial evaluation.
- Provides counseling/support/education to patient/patient's social support system. Assists patients/patient's social support system in coping with stress related to hospitalization, disability, chronic/terminal illness.
- Works collaboratively with the patients and patient's social support system to establish and implement a plan of care with multidisciplinary team that meets the patient's identified psychosocial needs.
- Serves as a resource to hospital staff and physicians regarding emotional, social, and psychosocial components of the patient's illness and its effects on their social support system. Assists and facilitates the multidisciplinary team in understanding and integrating these aspects into the plan of care.
- Intervenes in crisis situations, appropriately and effectively applying crisis intervention theory' and skills
- Completes psychosocial assessments for the patient's post hospital care for designated patient's and their support system.
- Works with the Clinical Care Management team to assess and evaluate the patient/patient's social support system for the appropriate level of care or environment setting to meet care needs across the continuum.
- Participates in multidisciplinary care planning meetings.
- Maintains current knowledge and researches availability of community agencies and community resources for social, emotional or financial assistance.
- Provides information, education to patients and their social support on community resources and options for post hospital care appropriate to the age of the patients served, in collaboration with the Clinical Care Management team. Make referrals to community agencies as needed.
- Reports suspected cases of child & adult abuse/neglect/exploitation. Serves as liaison between hospital, patients/patient's social support system and Department of Social Services during evaluation/investigation.
- Identifies and records clinical, psychosocial and financial barriers to a smooth transition across the healthcare continuum and assists in identifying and facilitating system improvements.
- Works with Clinical Care Management leadership to identify problems, recommended solutions and works toward resolution.
- Develops and maintains accurate case records of each referred patient. Documents in medical record according to departmental standards.
Works in an office type setting, extensive walking throughout the facility. Prolonged periods of sitting reviewing medical records, documentation. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Intact sight and hearing with or without assistive devices is required. Must be able to handle a fast paced environment, moving independently from one location to another.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the council in Social Work Education required. LCSW preferred. At least 1 year professional experience in hospital or health related setting preferred. Expertise with Data Management Tools. Adherence to National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics.