Lead Operating Room Assistant - Atrium Health Pineville, Full Time Day
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 66712
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11071005430170-Operating Room
Responsible for coordinating and managing the services and activities of the Operating Room while assisting the surgical team with direct and indirect patient care. Oversees housekeeping duties and acts in a supportive role for other staff members. Assists with staff scheduling, daily assignments, evaluation and supervision of the practice and procedures.
- Develops assignments for Operating Room to ensure the work is performed accordance with written procedures and guidelines to promote safe, economical and efficient patient care.
- Identifies training needs and participates in presentation of in-services.
- Coordinates and evaluates orientation process and assists in interviewing potential candidates.
- Assists with preventative maintenance of Operating Room equipment process and reporting/tracking of broken or malfunctioning departmental equipment.
- Ensures physician preferences for equipment and positioning needs are met.
- Reviews schedule daily and rounds on all Operating Rooms to ensure needs of the department are met.
- Monitors supplies to ensure par levels are maintained.
Must have the use of both hands and all fingers for gripping, speed work and precision during the manipulation of equipment and in the case of the surgery patient. Vision and hearing for distances of up to twenty feet is necessary. Must have depth perception and ability to distinguish basic colors. Requires frequent long, or irregular work hours, rotating shifts, walking on hard surfaces, being near moving equipment, changes in temperature, humidity, and exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens. Works inside with occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, and chemicals. Handles equipment and monitoring supplies. Communication skills, both oral and written, to interact with patients and hospital staff is required. Strenuous physical effort will require walking, stretching, bending, climbing stairs, twisting, squatting or kneeling in moving/positioning the anesthetized patient by lifting, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 51 pounds in handling patients and clinical equipment/supplies.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Minimum of 1 year of experience as an ORA required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required within 90 days of hire.