Supervisor - Patient Safety Attendant/Atrium Health Cabarrus FT Nights
This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 67507
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11141004831526-Nursing Administration
- Serves as an Administrative Supervisor within the Patient Safety Attendant Department.
- Provides direct supervision of Patient Safety Attendants requiring extensive knowledge of patient observation guidelines and processes.
- Evaluates Patient Safety Attendants’ performance, assists in completion of performance appraisal and makes recommendations for actions.
- Provides onboarding and training to Patient Safety Attendants in adherence to established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Ensures that operations and teammates are in compliance with regulatory and/or accreditation standards and policies.
- Reviews and audits Patient Safety Attendant documentation.
- Participates in the decision-making regarding allocating Patient Safety Attendants throughout the units to provide adequate patient care coverage.
- Performs in the Patient Safety Attendant role if needed (covering vacancies, meal break relief, etc.).
- Performs daily rounds and schedules Patient Safety Attendant meal break assignments.
- Serves as a departmental respirator fit tester.
- Acts as a professional role model to promote and resolve the needs of the patient, family, and visitors in a caring, sensitive, and responsive environment.
- Maintains various reports and ensures the integrity of data by monitoring and validating.
- Demonstrates excellent use of computers with advanced skills in Microsoft applications including Excel and Word.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Able to work in a fast paced setting. This position requires standing and walking. Must be able to sit for long time periods and use the computer systems. Work requires walking, standing, sitting, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree in Business or Management preferred or equivalent management experience in a healthcare setting. Basic Life Support Certification required. CPI certification required prior to conducting patient observation. Must demonstrate leadership and communication skills.