Unit Coordinator - Atrium Health Union Maternity Unit - PRN
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 65346
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Variable
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11081005630908-Nursing - Maternity
Performs the clerical duties and ADT functions related to patient care and nursing support under the supervision of the registered nurse. Serves as the receptionist and offers assistance to physicians, team members, patients, visitors, etc., and communicates with all healthcare disciplines.
- Communicates with patients, visitors, physicians, nursing team, and various healthcare team members by answering telephone/patient intercom and providing assistance.
- Completes computer data entry requirements, which include order entry/cancellation, miscellaneous billing, and ADT functions; creates new PRI accounts for undelivered patients.
- Places calls to physician offices and related hospital departments to schedule appointments, tests, and procedures.
- Maintains patient's medical record by assembling charts, thinning charts, adding new forms, and disassembling patient records upon discharge.
- Operates fax machine, pneumatic tube, and scanner to communicate orders to other departments and transports materials.
- Prints computer generated forms and places in appropriate location in the chart for physician and nurse use.
- Conveys relevant information in change of shift report.
- Maintains an available supply of forms for the medical record.
Requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 75 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Ability to type 30 words per minute required. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Data entry experience and/or experience in healthcare preferred.