Infant Hearing Technician - Levine Children’s Hospital - PRN
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 66698
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays with weekend requirement
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005030915-Nursing - Newborn Screening
Performs and provides timely preliminary hearing screenings of pediatric patients. Reports of findings on patients including premature infants and neonates.
- Performs hearing screening procedures following current procedural guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of equipment necessary to perform hearing screening. Documents when standards and protocols cannot be followed.
- Confirms all physician requests and secures and always evaluates patient with clinical history for proper clinical indicators for procedure requested. Collaborates with attending physicians and nurses to ensure quality patient care.
- Prepares and delivers preliminary reports an appropriate manner and informs appropriate personnel of significant findings.
- Attends departmental and interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Participates in accreditation process including quality assurance, ranging from collection of data to implementing process improvement
- Attends educational presentations of journal articles or attendance to clinical based workshop as needed.
- Create referrals to appropriate audiology areas.
Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 51 pounds in handling patients/residents, medical equipment and supplies. Must speak and understand English with the ability to communicate effectively. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Manual and finger dexterity.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma required. Completion of enterprise Infant Hearing Competency required upon hire.