Exercise Physiologist - Cardiology I - Multiple Locations
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 66166-OTHLOC-300000020351604
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday- Friday; 6:00-5:00pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11071005432042-Cardiac Rehab
Performs and maintains exercise prescriptions, and conducts patient exercise therapy and relaxation sessions as specified. Notifies the leader of changes in the patient's condition, performance and response to treatment. Works closely with other disciplines and specialties within the department and facility as well as patients and families to assure a cohesive approach to patient care.
- Implements exercise programs in the plan of care.
- Assists with transferring patients on/off equipment and provides assistance with adaptive positioning to maximize safety and performance.
- Instructs all users of the facility in the proper operation of exercise equipment.
- Communicates patient's status to physician, physical therapist, clinical staff, oprations manager or nurse manager and works with other disciplines to coordinate patient's schedule and treatment programs.
- Documents daily treatment notes, attendance records, group notes, patient/family education, and charges as needed.
- Monitors patient's performance and tolerance to program.
- Collaborates with appropriate leader in modifying treatment as the patient's status changes.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive sills to perform job duties. Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretcher. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Must be able to transfer patients. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environments. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Bachelor Degree in a Health/Fitness field required. Masters Degree preferred. Exercise Specialist certified by the American College of Sports Medicine or eligible to test for the same. ACSM Exercise Specialist preferred. ACLS preferred. ACLS may be required based on departmental guidelines. Experience in exercise programming for healthy and diseased populations, group and individual instruction, exercise prescription, and counseling on healthy lifestyles. Minimum 2 years appropriate experience preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
Education, Experience and Certifications