Supportive Oncology Senior Scientist - LCI
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 64724
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F, 8-5pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011036632951-Oncology - LCI Supportive
Conducts independent research and performs research experiments. Researches databases, analyzes data using appropriate statistical and other programs, and prepares presentations, papers, progress reports, and grant and contract applications. Manages all aspects of research from planning and securing funding to publication and presentation at meetings. Oversees, directs, supervises, instructs, and mentors team members, students, residents, and fellows.
- Participates in the planning, development, and conduct of a variety of research projects.
- Collaborates on appropriate departmental and facility projects as assigned by leadership.
- Collaborates and interacts with investigators at other local, regional, national, and international institutions.
- Fosters and maintains collegial interactions with and supervision of residents, fellows, technical staff, physicians, faculty, students, research fellows, and visiting scientists.
- Produces and analyzes experimental data, writes progress reports, writes manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals, and prepares abstracts for presentation of results at local, national, and international scientific meetings.
- Develops, writes, and submits grant proposals for intra- and extra-mural funding. Develops and maintains a vigorous, cutting-edge, externally-funded program in relevant research.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of a laboratory and its personnel. Performs performance reviews of lab team members.
- Participates in safety and quality assurance activities and maintenance of compliance with others.
Long periods of sitting or standing and some walking. Occasional lifting of supplies and equipment necessary. Must be able to work with mice, rats, and other small mammals.
Education, Experience and Certifications
PhD or MD or both from an accredited institution required. A distinguished record of publications required.