Logistics Team Specialist - Medcenter Air
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 65543
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts as determined by supervising department. Varied shifts, varied weekdays and varied weekend days. This position is one of ten total providing 24 hours per day, 7 days per week coverage for OPO and transplant services
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 47331017831759-Ground Transports
Provides coordination or support of activities involving the upkeep, maintenance and possible deployment of the Mobile Treatment Facility (MTF). Makes arrangements and/or performs routine maintenance of MTF; performs and/or oversees preventative maintenance. Must be able to operate and drive MTF when needed and available to drive in short notice depending on situation.
- Performs routine maintenance of MTF including the tractor, tractor trailer and generator.
- Assists in set up and break down of MTF and related logistics functions.
- Performs preventative maintenance (electrical, plumbing, general construction and carpentry) for MTF.
- Oversees deployment of vehicle in emergency situations.
- Keeps a record of MTF resources before, during and after deployment.
- Performs general housekeeping duties with regards to MTF.
- Possesses general skill set regarding trailer and rig mechanics, plumbing, carpentry, electrical and preventative maintenance.
- Facilitates and communicates repairs that requires specialized skills through outside vendors.
Duties require good physical stamina, endurance, and body mechanics which would not be adversely affected by having to lift, carry, and balance at times in excess of 125 pounds (250 pounds with assistance). Work in extreme environmental conditions with limited resources/support as well as emotional circumstances can be expected. Hearing must be in normal range as well as near visual acuity to be able to take accurate vital signs and to detect any deterioration in the patient's condition. Good motor coordination is required. Normal eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity is necessary to perform duties. Must also have good oral communication skills.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Valid NCDL, CDL-Class A license required within one year of hire. Minimum of 2 years vehicle maintenance experience required.