Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant I - Bedside - Atrium Health Pineville
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 64809
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mostly weekday with 3 weekend days per quarter. 8:00a-4:30p
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11071005437707-Physical Therapy
Assists in performing patient care responsibilities in an inpatient acute level setting under the plan and supervision of a licensed occupational therapist.
- Provides direct therapy services to patients admitted to a level of care where service provision is required 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Implements the occupational therapy treatment plan in accordance to the plan of care established by the occupational therapist.
- Collaborates with the occupational therapist in modifying treatment as the patient’s status changes.
- Applies modalities under the direction of an occupational therapist.
- Provides and documents patient and family education regarding deficits, progress toward goals and therapeutic techniques.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant required. NC license for Occupational Therapy Assistant required. Possess and maintain Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider certification from the American Heart Association required.