This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 66734
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F 8-5
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 36071109833193-Primary Care - Shared
The Phlebotomist receives orders for laboratory testing, collects blood from patients of any age or status and issues appropriate paperwork to the Floyd laboratory or outside reference lab for processing. He/she maintains the laboratory in an efficient working state and performs lab procedures while ensuring regulatory compliance.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required
2. Completion of a formal training program in Phlebotomy
3. Completion of departmental clinical evaluation checklist
4.Completion of Floyd Lab specific training program
B. Licensure or Certification
1. PBT (ASCP) or equivalent national certification required
1. At least one year experience in a lab or physician's office required OR
2. Successful completion of Floyd Lab phlebotomy competency orientation program within 3 months of hire date.