PRN Pharmacy Technician Atrium Health Med Rec Team-3rd shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 65793
Job Family: Pharmacy Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 10 hour shifts on weekend
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028339616-Pharmacy Packaging
Assists the registered pharmacists in performing technical duties related to the preparation and distribution of various oral and intravenous medications. Duties are performed under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Fills and delivers medication orders for all age groups under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Answers and screens telephone calls and refers calls to a pharmacist when appropriate.
- Performs cart fills, refills automated dispensing machines, restocks emergency boxes and kits.
- Processes charges and credits for medications.
- Documents and delivers controlled substances.
- Monitors medication inventory levels and places orders to restock as necessary.
- Compounds and repackages oral medications.
- Compounds sterile preparations utilizing proper aseptic technique; follows USP 797 guidelines.
- Compounds hazardous high-risk preparations utilizing proper aseptic technique; follows USP 800 guidelines.
- Trains and orients new team members to department workflow and procedures.
Works primarily in the pharmacy. Delivers medications to nursing units. Requires considerable walking, standing, pushing mobile cart of 50 pounds maximum and lifting 25 pounds of material. May be required to frequently stretch, bend, squat, or kneel to perform job. Utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to minimize exposure to hazardous agents. Takes necessary precautions to avoid inadvertent needle sticks, minor cuts or bruises. Exposed to various conditions throughout the workday such as walking on hard surfaces, climbing stairs and changes in temperature and humidity. Must be able to perform manipulative skills such as writing, typing, and data entry into the computer and automated dispensing machines. Must have use of both hands, be able to see clearly and read small type such as that on unit-dose medication packages and syringes. Must be able to speak and be understood by others in order to communicate effectively. Must be able to hear normal sounds with moderate background noises. Involves rotating shifts. May involve rotating through multiple facilities.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of a pharmacy technician-training program preferred. Pharmacy Technician Board Certificate preferred. 6 months prior Pharmacy Technician experience preferred.