Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 65995
Job Family: Medical Records Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30 pm
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343702-Medical Records
Responsible for responding to requests for patient health information ensuring compliance with all regulatory standards to include HIPAA.
- Compares signatures of the requestor with signature on file.
- Maintains release log of all PHI requests using appropriate systems.
- Processes requests ensuring timeliness, accuracy and completeness of information.
- Ensures the accuracy and uniformity of the requestor database.
- Serves as a resource for other hospital departments and facilities to respond to questions regarding release of patient information.
- Locates patient information in computer systems, microfilm, or paper record.
- Provides complete and accurate medical records for review by attorneys, outside agencies and /or third party payors.
- Responds to valid written subpoenas to produce documents.
- Creates invoices for billable requests.
Major part of day is spent sitting at desk answering the telephone and assisting walk-in customers. Some standing to print, copy and fax records. Bending, stooping, stretching and walking when pulling charts.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Medical records and medical terminology experience preferred.