Radiology Technologist (Night Shift | Children's Hospital) - Sign-On Bonus Opportunity!
This job posting is no longer active.
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 66119
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12011053139247-Imaging - Diagnostic Pediatric
Under indirect supervision of radiologists, performs radiology procedures required by area of assignment and consistent with training and competency. Prior to performing radiographic images, reviews physician orders for appropriateness. Produces quality images while maintaining radiation exposure using ALARA (as low as reasonably achievable) principles. Reviews all images for diagnostic quality prior to radiologist interpretation; records and includes all pertinent patient history with submitted images in PACS (picture archiving and communication system). Enters exam and supply charges upon completion of procedure. Responsible for the care of the patient while in the Radiology Department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates competency in positioning and technique for all radiological procedures performed to demonstrate anatomy of area of interest based on sound radiologic principles and ALARA. Reviews diagnostic quality of finished medical images prior to submission for radiologists’ interpretation.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge with ability to determine appropriateness of exam based on clinical information provided. Inappropriate exams are discussed with radiologist and communicated to the ordering physician for final decision. For order changes, technologist receives a new verbal and/or telephone order with read back and verifies and enters appropriately to route to physician’s computerized order entry (CPOE) mailbox for signature. New written order is required for non CPOE.
- Provides patient safety by using double identifiers for all exams and completing medication reconciliation and site verification forms when applicable. Provides fluoroscopy dose and/or time for patient records.
- Performs clerical responsibilities associated with acquisition, processing, archiving of patient records and charging exams and supplies. Identifies and corrects problems as appropriate with all critical issues reported to the next level of authority for corrective action.
- Responsible for coordination of multiple diagnostic procedures in appropriate sequence and time frame to provide quality patient care with no delays.
- Skilled in identification of complex patient problems related to symptoms, behavioral changes, abnormal diagnostic data, learning needs and the common interrelationships among them.
- Provides guidance, direction and mentoring, for other personnel, including student radiographers, new hires, and Radiological Technologist Assistants.
- May train in Computerized Tomography (CT) and/or Mammography and perform such procedures in preparation for advancement.
- Furnishes detailed explanation of procedures to patients, giving any pre or post procedure instructions and answers all questions.
- Maintains all required continuing education and applicable certifications for modality
Education, Training, and Experience
Associate degree from an American Medical Association (AMA) or Joint Review Committee (JRC) approved or regionally accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
Registered or registry eligible through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).