CT Technologist - 9p-7:30a (Mon-Thurs)
This job posting is no longer active.
Milledgeville, GA, United States
Job ID: 65912
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12031053339321-CT Scan
Under indirect supervision performs all duties associated with acquisition, processing, submission for interpretation, and archiving of CT images. Responsible for the care of the patient while in the Cat Scan Department.
- Positions patient and formulates appropriate techniques to demonstrate cross-sectional anatomy of interest based on accepted radiographic principles. Judges diagnostic quality of finished medical images prior to submission to radiologist for interpretation.
- Performs venipuncture for administration of radiopaque media and assists in obtaining informed consent as appropriate.
- Reviews all diagnostic imaging requests for appropriateness based on clinical information provided. All questionable orders are communicated to the radiologists for final approval.
- Performs clerical responsibilities associated with acquisition, processing, and archiving of patient records. Completes exams to capture charges for procedures performed.
- Offers detailed explanation of diagnostic procedures to patients and answers questions as appropriate.
- Observes patient while in the cat scan department for change in status and makes appropriate intervention or contacts primary care givers for instruction.
- Provides guidance, direction and mentoring for other personnel that maybe assigned to the area in which they are working including student radiographers.
- Identifies and corrects problems as appropriate with all critical occurrences reported to the next level of authority.
- Maintains all required continuing education and applicable certifications for modality.
Education, Training, and Experience
Must be a High School or GED Diploma Graduate. Graduate of AMA, JRC or Regionally Accredited approved school of Radiologic Technology.
Other Job Requirements, Licenses, Certifications
Registered or registry eligible through ARRT. ARRT Radiology and CT registry required within designated guidelines outlined in Department Policy EMP 8. Basic Life Support (BLS) required.