Director - Clinical Operations
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 54269
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F 8-5
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 25011017240501-Administration
Provides direct leadership for clinical operations including patient care delivery, strategic plan development, financial performance, and effective clinical outcomes for the related line/lines of service. Develops strategy for provision of state-of-the-art services, assists with growth and product/service line differentiation. Collaborates with multiple facilities across the System for achieving outcomes consistent with the organizational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives. Supervises staff.
- Develops programs which promote optimal quality of care, improvement of public health, maximize growth, and enhance revenue opportunities.
- Assures seamless connection between all components of service line delivery: financial, clinical/nursing, support operations, facility cross-connectivity and marketing activities.
- Determines efficacy of services and identifies opportunities to enhance product differentiation and improve competitive advantage through unified approach to services.
- Establishes innovative approaches to patient access and integration of care to include telemedicine and disease management and identifies new and emerging technologies and treatments that may be appropriate for service line.
- Promotes education, growth, and development of the staff.
- Assists with preparation of service line and departmental budgets and ensures that all financial and revenue cycle management components and goals are met.
- Works with Corporate Compliance/Coding Support to educate physicians on all coding changes and coding accuracy, and to ensure coding levels are appropriate.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for reduced overhead, cost savings, enhanced revenue, and efficiency improvements.
- Ensures the accuracy, completeness and proper handling of medical records in accordance with regulatory requirements and patient information requests.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, and reaching. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds shoulder high. Intact sense of sight and hearing. Finger dexterity to operate computer and calculator. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate and make decisions. Must be able to respond quickly in stressful situations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred. Minimum of 3 years management experience in a medical education/teaching program environment. Experience in managing hospital-based ambulatory services preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required.