Senior Systems Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 63710
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8-5 with rotating IAS support on-call
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342581-IAS Oncology
Formulates and defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications, or modifies and maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents those programs. Usually responsible for applications dealing with the overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting and advanced mathematical /scientific software packages.
- Maintains within established levels, the technical performance of Unix and mainframe based hardware and software supporting the administrative, financial, patient care, and other departmental computer applications. Provides responsive support to the application development and operational activities of the IS Department.
- Monitors system performance, makes recommendations, and takes appropriate action to insure the best performance per utilization of computer resources.
- Advises IS staff on proper data administration and program design to improve capabilities of existing programs and systems.
- Supports the HBOC Star and Pathways products and PeopleSoft financial applications from a technical perspective. Also works with other departmental applications on support and setup. Works with vendors on system installation and setup.
- Supports all AIX, HP, and Digital Unix operating systems. Supports Technology applications such as Tivoli and Maestro scheduling packages.
- Recommends and implements solutions, understanding the ramifications for problems within Information Services.
- Defines protocol for working with customers and appropriately balances needs and resources.
- Develops and implements process improvement initiatives within Information Services.
- Understands basic concepts of the budget process. Able to develop and execute a simple project on time and within budget.
Work is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to administration. Requires a high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Must be available for callback support on a regular basis, extensive evening and weekend hours due to schedules at times for conversions, training required. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or job related field preferred.