Patient Accounts Representative - CSR - PFS
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 65094
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8am - 5pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028341288-Customer Service
Answers all incoming calls, questions and concerns for the department.
- Maintains communication with collection agencies, provides administrative support, and handles cash management regarding activity on patient accounts.
- Performs all clerical functions. Assists with handling requests to completion with other departments.
- Establishes patient referrals, pre-certifications, and authorizations. Processes and returns patient voicemails within 24 hours of receipt.
- Documents all actions taken on each accounts in the systems.
- Updates changes in insurance screens, demographic information, and statement systems. Initiates monthly payment contract on accounts up to $1000 for patients who meet guidelines.
- Informs leadership of problems and recommends solutions.
Work requires sitting for extended periods of the day and some walking. Must be able to view information on a computer monitor for extended periods. Minimal standing, reaching and bending required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred. 1 year patient accounting experience preferred. Previous experience related to billing and collection of third-party payers and/or state agencies preferred. Extensive knowledge of all insurance and managed care payor groups; billing and follow-up procedures; charging and adjustment procedures; medical terminology; ICD-9, HCPCS and CPT codes; collection laws and legal issues; basic knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations required.