Maintenance Mechanic II, Thur-Mon Weekend shift
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 65352
Job Family: Maintenance Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Thurday through Monday 7:00AM to 5:30PM
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11081005641904-Plant Operations
Performs all functions essential to the position. Informs appropriate leader of equipment failures/outages. Identifies abnormal conditions such as equipment failures and power outages and takes steps to limit damage and initiate necessary repairs. Ensures all paperwork/logs/reports are maintained and reported.
- Inspects equipment and facilities for proper operations and working conditions.
- Maintains records and determines types of malfunctions of equipment and makes adjustments, repairs, replaces parts, and reports serious problems to supervision.
- Operates and maintains steam boilers, hot water boilers and heat exchangers. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure proper steam pressure, water flow, water-level and proper operations of all safety devices and auxiliary equipment.
- Services and repairs heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment including fans, motors, thermostats, dampers, fire-controlled dampers, and regulating controls. Services and repairs steam, gas, water and sanitary plumbing pipes and fixtures. Responds to trouble calls and follow all policies and procedures when visitors and teammates are stuck in an elevators.
- Performs a variety of preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Serves as first responders to all fire and odor calls. Has knowledge of fire extinguishers, fire alarm systems, computer system, fire pumps and controls, dry stand pipes in parking decks, zone valves shut off and sprinkler systems.
- Performs documentation of timesheets and work orders using computer systems. Fully utilizes the computerized maintenance management work order system.
- Observes and follows all safety and security regulations, department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Self-assesses tasks and priorities.
Must be mobile and have the ability to access rooftops and crawl spaces. When performing diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of assigned equipment, will frequently be required to climb, lift, crawl, bend, squat, and kneel to access job. Must be able to transport up to 75 pounds while taking materials and/or tools to and from the worksite. As a member of the emergency response team, must be able to quickly access emergency response sites and assist in the evacuation and transport of others who are unable to transport themselves.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Vocational or technical school certificate preferred. Building Maintenance experience with a working knowledge of major physical plant systems required. Three years’ experience with steam boilers, chillers, emergency generators, air handling equipment and associated equipment preferred. Healthcare experience preferred. Valid driver’s license.