This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 65002
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 1900-0700
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028331661-Nursing - Float Pool
The Atrium Health Resource Team – Nursing NAII assists in providing patient/resident care under the direct supervision of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or a Registered Nurse (RN) at all Atrium Acute Care Facilities, Carolinas Rehabilitation facilities, and Atrium Continuing Care Facilities. The NAII assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient/resident environment and performs job responsibilities in accordance with safe practice. The NAII maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the ages, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients/residents served. The NAII must be available to provide services in all patient care areas of knowledge, at all elected Atrium facilities.
• Performs personal care for the comfort and well-being of the patient/resident, includes bed bath, tub bath, shower, sitz bath, mouth care, skin care, hair care, nail care and assistance with dressing.
• Serves and collects food trays. Feeds patients/residents and records dietary intake. Distributes ice, water, and nourishments.
• Measures and records intake and output, and calorie counts as required.
• Assists the patient/resident with bed pan, urinal, bedside commode, bowel and bladder retraining. Records daily bowel function.
• Applies condom catheters.
• Collects and tests specimens (urine, feces, sputum).
• Administers cleansing, fleet, and/or retention enemas.
• Performs digital stimulation to remove fecal impaction.
• Assists with care of established colostomy/ileostomy.
• Provides perineal and catheter care.
• Empties drainage device from body cavities/wounds and records.
• Maintains gastric suction per orders.
• Assists with simple non-sterile dressing changes, application and removal of ace bandages, TED hose, sequential compression devices, heat application, pelvic and cervical traction.
• Performs dressing changes/compresses/wound care on wounds greater than 48 hours old.
• Makes occupied and unoccupied beds, disposing of dirty linens and trash, keeping rooms neat and tidy.
• Performs PM care to promote patient comfort.
• Takes and records temperature, pulse respiration, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, and orthostatic vital signs.
• Obtains and records patient/resident height and weight.
• Turns and positions patients/residents, using safe patient handling techniques. Assists patients/residents with transfers to bed, wheelchair, and stretcher, and ambulation.
• Does not initiate but may participate in the application or removal of restraint devices as directed by the RN or Licensed Care Provider.
• Assists in monitoring patients in restrictive interventions for safety, circulation, hydration, nutrition, and elimination.
• Assists with post-mortem care.
• Provides hand-off communication appropriate to job duties.
• Answers call bells promptly and ensures that all call bells are left within reach of the patient/resident.
• Reports and documents information related to assigned duties. Reports to RN or LPN any changes in the patient/resident condition.
• Assists with maintaining documentation according to established policies and procedures.
• Assists with range of motion exercises.
• Initiates or participates in CPR.
• Provides continuous observation of a patient/resident or patients/residents when assigned to serve in this capacity including patients on suicide precautions or patients in violent restraints.
• Provides instructions to patients/residents and family members according to approved protocols and/or the plan of care, as delegated by, and under the supervision of the RN. Documents spoken or observed response.
• Performs vaginal irrigations, urethral catheter irrigations, colostomy irrigations, and urethral catheterizations.
• Applies hypothermia unit.
• Assists with oxygen therapy by observing flow rate, maintenance of oxygen therapy, safety measures, and care of oxygen equipment.
• Performs oropharyngeal suctioning
• Retrieves blood products upon competency verification.
• Assists with IV therapy by observation, care of peripheral site to include monitoring flow rate and reporting flow rate variance.
• Assembles IV and flushes IV tubing during set up.
• Removes peripheral IV upon discontinuation of IV therapy.
• Assists with administering enteral feedings by adding specified feeding to existing infusions, enteral feedings by gravity, clamping and flushing feeding tubes only when placement has been verified by RN or LPN prior to feedings.
• Verifies appropriate feeding by RN/LPN prior to administering. Removes oral/gastric or nasogastric feeding tubes (excluding weighted tubes).
• Performs fingerstick or heel stick for blood glucose monitoring upon competency verification.
• Prepared patients for pelvic and physical examinations.
• Escort functions.
• Models the mission, vision, and values of Atrium Health by demonstrating ONE behaviors.
• Supports and contributes to the Patient Centered Care Philosophy by understanding that every staff member is a Caregiver whose role is to meet the needs of the patient.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completions of an approved NAII training program or student nurses meeting the listing requirement of the NC BON required. Current listing with the Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II registries and a Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II required. Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support Healthcare Provider certification required.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to respond to age specific issues and data reflective of the patient’s status. Demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
All related medical equipment and supplies.