This job posting is no longer active.
Cedartown, GA, United States
Job ID: 65715
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12321110430001-Emergency Department
The Staff Education Coordinator plans, implements and evaluates inservice educational needs for the staff. Additionally, this role collaborates with staff educators across the system to maximize educational efforts and resources. Primary tasks include: 1) orientation of new staff members to the areas, 2) development of unit-based preceptor program which facilitates unit-specific orientation, 3) coordination of annual staff learning needs assessment, 4) development and implementation of annual in-service education plan for each unit (based on needs assessment and other data), 5) coordination of staff CPR education, and 6) maintenance of various educational reports and other special projects on an as needed basis.
1. Graduate from an accredited school of Registered Professional Nursing
2. Obtains at least 25 hours of continuing education, of which 50 percent is unit specific
3. BSN preferred
1. Minimum of two years of experience as a clinical nurse
2. AHA CPR Instructor
3. Experience in computer software, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
1. Current RN licensure in the state of Georgia