Manager - Credentialing Enrollment
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 63968
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mostly Days, normal business hours. May need coverage on Evenings /Weekends due to urgent requests
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343516-Medical Staff Credentialing
Assists leadership in the planning, development, organization, and operation of the Medical Staff Office to contribute to meeting the mission and goals of the facilities and the medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, joint commission standards and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Serves as a daily resource to department team members. Provides direction related to all aspects of the office, credentialing process, and decision making.
- Identifies, develops and implements new procedures and processes.
- Supervises the day-to-day responsibilities of department team members, including recruiting, hiring, counseling, evaluations and disciplinary actions as applicable.
- Makes recommendations for performance improvement as it relates to the departmental operations.
- Serves as a team leader, preceptor, mentor and coach to the Specialists, Supervisors and Coordinators. Makes recommendations for performance improvement.
- Trains new team members in the policies and procedures of the department.
- Produces and validates regular management reports. Interprets and assists in implementing accreditation standards.
- Assists in in departmental planning, development, and organization.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately, in written and verbal form, to a variety of requests from internal and external customers, including but not limited to physicians, team members, external professionals and others.
Performs most work under normal office conditions. May include sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, using repetitive wrist and arm motion frequently and lifts boxes of files being transported between facilities. Works in a safe manner. Must use frequent and variable body movements during filing and maintaining records.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Certification by National Association Medical Staff Services or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialists preferred. 5 years experience preferred.