Manager - Behavioral Health Services - Atrium Health Mint Hill - FT Day
Mint Hill, NC, United States
Job ID: 63874
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Manager works Monday through Friday normal business hours; manages 24/7 department
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 46511039931702-Nursing Call Center
Oversees provision of behavioral health services in assigned area(s) and is responsible for the fiscal management, team member selection, and daily operations.
- Demonstrates skill and knowledge of various roles and business functions of designated departments.
- Monitors and operates within the programs defined resources.
- Provides for the clinical and administrative supervision of all department team members.
- Maintains overall responsibility for services provided in the program.
- Works cooperatively with his/her departments across the system and maintains effective working relationships with community partners.
- Maintains knowledge of department policies, regulatory requirements, and standards of care.
- Oversees orientation, selection of team members and ongoing training of all departments.
- Participates in strategic planning for the development of designated departments.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates patient care and education according to identified needs.
- Evaluates team member performance and ensures accurate and timely completion of annual performance evaluations.
- Promotes a safe work environment.
- Resolves customer complaints in a timely, effective manner.
- Demonstrates use of logical and appropriate judgment when handling difficult situations.
Works in a setting that is fast paced and customer-oriented with prolonged periods of sitting. Activities include communicating via telephone and video-conference, reviewing medical records and documentation, entering information into the computer (repetitive wrist motion), and writing for the majority of the shift. Other work areas may include patient care units, emergency rooms, individual offices, medical clinics, and conference areas with exposure to potentially hostile patients. Facilitates continual communication with nursing, physicians, their offices, other hospital departments and outside facilities requiring frequent verbal and written communication in English. Intact sight and hearing with or without assistive devices required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's degree in a relevant human services field such as Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Nursing from an accredited school of graduate education or Master’s degree in Business Administration or Health Administration required. 1 year supervisory experience required.