Social Worker (BSW) - Atrium Health Skilled Nursing - Cleveland Pines - FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 63737
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday -Friday Days
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 43511047643620-Patient and Family Services
Provides skilled social services to patients on an intermittent basis in the home. Work is performed in accordance with the physician's orders and the plan of care, and is coordinated with other team members.
- Identifies psychosocial, financial, and environmental needs, and provides care appropriate to adolescent, adult and geriatric populations.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and re-evaluates the patient's psychosocial work needs during each following visit and develops a plan of care.
- Communicates significant findings, problems, changes in condition or environment to the supervisor, the physician, and other personnel involved with patient care.
- Participates in implementation and ongoing updates of the plan of care to ensure quality and continuity of care and proper discharge planning.
- Incorporates short and long term goals established in the plan of care.
- Performs appropriate skilled services/interventions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and certified by the patient's physician.
- Counsels and instructs the patient and family in regards to psychosocial needs.
Must be able to drive and travel to several locations daily and be able to access private homes. Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet deadlines and patient needs. Ability to work under stressful conditions of quick decision-making and resource acquisitions. Requires moderate mental and physical demands in paperwork completion. Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field required. 1 year professional experience in a hospital or healthcare setting preferred. Social work skills as defined by generally accepted social work standards. Requires interpersonal skills.