Social Worker LCSW - Ambulatory -Levine Children's Healthy Futures
Kannapolis, NC, United States
Job ID: 62875
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 27161034533177-Pediatric Clinic
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Healthy Futures Clinic is a American Academy of Pediatrics stage 4 childhood obesity treatment program. The psychotherapist will work collaboratively with our multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive psychosocial services, assessment, diagnosis, evidence-based treatment, case management and triage for patients, families, and caregivers in an ambulatory outpatient setting.
- Provides biopsychosocial assessments, clinical behavioral health diagnoses, treatment planning, evidence-based clinical interventions, information and referrals to community.
- Interviews patient/patient’s social support system to complete initial psychosocial evaluation and/or completes psychosocial assessment for the patient.
- Provides psychotherapy, supportive counseling, and education to patient/patient’s social support system.
- Identifies, plans, and coordinate aspects of care for the patient/family.
- Develops, monitors and revises a plan of care based on assessment of patient/family needs, in collaboration with multidisciplinary team.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient/family education.
- Advocates for the patient and family throughout care continuum.
- Maintains availability to the patient/family as a resource to facilitate communication among providers and to monitor services rendered.
- Serves as a resource to team members and physicians regarding emotional, social and psychosocial components of the patient’s illness and its effects on their social support system.
- Intervenes in crisis situations, appropriately and effectively applying crisis intervention theory and skills.
- Works collaboratively with medical director and colleagues to develop and advance system and division goals
- Analyzes and evaluates the effect of mental health involvement on quality outcomes, fiscal parameters, customer satisfaction, and system operations and implements strategies to resolve the system, performance, and patient variances.
- Refers patients/family to external agencies/resources for treatment when appropriate.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation.
- Documents and bills accurately, timely and according to departmental policy.
- Participates, as appropriate, in clinical research and may provide local, national, and/or international presentations within specified field.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, team members, family, visitors, etc. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and normal language/cognitive skills. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Sometimes requires climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Works is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors.
- Master's degree in a relevant human services field such as Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology from an accredited school of graduate education required
- Licensed or license-eligible in NC (SC licensure a plus)
- Minimal 2 years of experience
- Experience working with patients with chronic medical conditions, adverse childhood events, and socioeconomic challenges